Ice & Moisture Block SBS®
MBTechnology’s Ice & Moisture Block SBS® is a self-adhesive, SBS-modified, rubberized asphalt membrane. The Ice & Moisture Block SBS® provides extra protection and prevents moisture penetration from windblown rain or ice damming. It is applied over critical roof areas such as eaves, ridges, valleys, dormers, and skylights. The sealing adhesive is protected on the bottom with a split release sheet which is removed during application.
Ice & Moisture Block SBS® is available in three grades:
SA65G: Manufactured with fine granule surfacing; ideal for tile and shingle roofs.
SA65S: Manufactured with a smooth sand finish which enables the membrane to also be used as a self-adhesive base for APP and SBS systems.
UltraStick-HT SA68PHT: A self-adhesive SBS Modified Bitumen underlayment manufactured a polyester top surfacing. It’s manufactured with a dual split release film to allow easier installation.
• 20 year limited material warranty.
• Seals around fasteners.
• UV resistant up to 3 months.
• Suitable for metal and tile roofs.
• Slip resistant polyester surfacing.
Ice Dam Problem
In areas that experience rain or snowfall followed by freeze-thaw cycles, the problem of ice dam buildup is of great concern in building design. This condition is caused by a meltdown of snow/rain, which then freezes to form an ice dam that prevents proper drainage. Water backs up behind the ice dam, gradually forces its way under shingles and onto the roof deck, enters the building structure, and then causes extensive water damage.
Features and Benefits
• Fine granule/textured film surfacing provides enhanced skid resistance.
• Available with a higher softening point compound and film surfacing for use under metal roofs.
• Rubberized asphalt compound seals around nails and screws.
• Split release film provides faster and easier installation.
• Ice & Moisture Block SBS® can be left exposed for 30 days before the application of a finished roof.
Download the Ice & Moisture Block Brochure
Download the Ultrastick HT Brochure
Download the SA65G Product Data Sheet
Download the SA65S Product Data Sheet
Download the SA68P-HT Product Data Sheet
Download the Ice & Moisture Block SBS Warranty Form
Download the Ice & Moisture Block SBS CADD Details
A Full Line of Quality Roofing Products and Systems
How can we help you today?
Schedule a FREE roof assessment*
Connect with a sales representative
Order samples of MetalflexSBS®
*MBCare inspection is currently available for commercial buildings only.